Tuesday, January 26, 2016

February 1, 2016 Meeting

Pueblo West Quilters will meet Feb. 1st @ 7pm
@ the Majestic Baptist Church, 494 E. Hemlock, Pueblo West. 
What to Bring:  


·        Block of the Month: Lincoln’s Platform (Shoo-Fly , Monkey Wrench, and Hole in the Barn Door) 
·        Wounded Warrior Blocks/Quilts in patriotic colors
·        Fat Quarter: Hearts 
·         Name tag
·        In-house funds
·        Membership Dues: $25
·          Guest Dues: $3
·        Show-N-Share
·        FUNdraiser monies: Fat Quarters & patterns/books
·        Program: Quilting Tool (limit 2)



Can you believe that February’s meeting is just around the corner?

I’m so excited about this program because it’s about quilting tools! I’m a gadget collector and love, LOVE, LOVE tools!

And you are invited to participate! Seriously, what do I have to do to? Twist your arm? Not going to happen.

 Okay, I’ll start …

 I fell in love with the rotary cutter the moment it came out. I’m a left-hander and no matter what pair of scissors I used, they’d strangled my thumb. Even turning over right-handed scissors caused tense situations.

I disliked the cutting part of sewing or quilting. 

Then along came the rotary cutter.... 

 Life changed and I was in heaven. 

I can cut circles around a curved ruler, sign me up for angles and hexagons because I LOVE IT!

Okay, I still procrastinate before cutting but I don’t have the stress and sore thumb as before.

So what quilting tool is your go-to tool? What can you not live without? What unusual tool have you discovered?

Before you bring your ENTIRE toolbox, let’s limit it to two tools.

Oh, we’re going to have soooo much fun!
~Sue